http://beyond666-acson005.blogspot.com/2012/02/prophetic-dreams-astral-journeys-in.html http://be

Friday, August 30, 2013

THE VANISHING MUD-HOMES OF SAUDI ARABIA

Today I took some pictures of the vanishing mud brick homes of Saudi Arabia. When I first arrived in this town; I could virtually count the number of houses made of cement blocks with my fingers. More than 30 years later; I could count the numbers of houses made of mud bricks that still stands with my fingers. 90% of houses then were mud bricks. I lived in one because there was no other choice with baby scorpions crawling under my bed. With Saudi Arabia’s increasing affluence; 95% of today’s homes are palatial mansions. 













1 comment:

  1. true. when i was there in the late 80's and early 90's i used to wonder and fear at the same time on having to live in one of those mud houses that i see all around the vicinity of the hospital and along the road as we drove to khamis mushayt all the way to abha.

    indeed progress has gone a long way now...almost everything has physically changed environmentally. i now wonder too if with this change went the saudians attitude on life and their primitive practices???

    ReplyDelete