http://beyond666-acson005.blogspot.com/2012/02/prophetic-dreams-astral-journeys-in.html http://be

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

23 YEARS OLD VIDEO: the fun of preserving mementos…

If you have betamax or VHS tapes; it must have been spoiled by now I mean whenever a new technology comes along…the old one dies and forgotten as in dead and buried. Living in the tropics easily spoils tapes with molds.  In this part of Saudi Arabia where I live and work; the weather although it is cool most of the year is very dry. The video-tapes I took of my family are preserved for many years and when I took it back to the Philippines; I wrapped it in plastic always careful not to open it during rainy season when the humidity is dump.

The advent of digital technology that allows us to take pictures and videos for as frequent as we inhale air; we tend to ignore preserving it. Mark my word; 20 years from now…you will not have any of the videos you take today that you wish you have preserved. Make it a habit to keep your files in an external disc because no one keeps a laptop/desktop and cell phone for 20 years and beyond. No personal gadget lasts that long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment