http://beyond666-acson005.blogspot.com/2012/02/prophetic-dreams-astral-journeys-in.html http://be

Thursday, April 18, 2013

God’s gift of joy…YOUR CHILDREN


“Ang cute ng apo ninyo doctor” (Your grandchild is cute) was the most common comment when her picture first appeared on the web. Friends and relatives thought she was our grandchild. My wife was 46 years old when she gave birth to Nishreen 16 years after she last give birth to our son; a miracle. I returned to KSA when she was 9 months old and when I came back for a leave from work, she was not yet 3.

In 2011 (she was 7); she and I were walking along the seaside of MOA (Mall of Asia). It was late; some stores in the mall were already closing shop. She wanted to play at one of the children’s playground dotting the seaside so I said okay while I leaned against a lamp post watching people play for a fee at a bungee platform by the bay. After maybe 20 minutes; I said, it’s late. Let’s go home. She paused from running with the other children she befriended and replied while catching her breath, “I’m not tired,” and then said something that made me laugh. “Dad, you should not be watching that bungee. You came here to walk so walk. You walk from here to there,” pointing to the distance, “and do it again and again till I am finished playing but don’t go too far. Go only as far where I can see you.” “Alright…” I replied with a hearty laugh and started walking exactly the way she said I should. It was almost midnight by the time we walked to the mall terminal. There was a long queue for jeeps bound for FTI but we did have a real good time; priceless moments that are forever to cherish.


PS

I narrated it exactly the way it happened. Her elder siblings trained her from very early age to speak in English and with YouTube (Internet) and cartoons on cable television; English for her seems to have come naturally. When Nancy and friends came to stay with us for few days; she was very conversant taking on an American slang in so short a time :-)

I was amazed on how fast she can read only to realize that if you sing along on YouTube and with a minus-one that she likes doing since she was 5-6; you have to be a fast reader or you will not catch the lyrics. Try it…



NLK

No comments:

Post a Comment