http://beyond666-acson005.blogspot.com/2012/02/prophetic-dreams-astral-journeys-in.html http://be

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

TALK TO AL JAZEERA: (MILF) Murad Ibrahim…


I have written so many things about the Moro struggle in fact many of my friends will remember how I oppose the single minded struggle for Independence. Some even accused me of being unpatriotic to the Moro cause but I have insisted on my being a realist. My favorite metaphor was to aim for the star but I will be content if I catch the moon instead and I think that is precisely what the MILF did. I have always maintained a give and take approach in which the movement accepts some form of federalized autonomy but not independence. I have always maintained (if my friends remember) that the ARMM is the only piece of Mindanao that the government is capable of giving away. Either take it and turn it into something or get nothing and keep on fighting an endless war. Had Nur Misuari turned ARMM into something when it was handed to him on a silver platter; the struggle would have ended with him but he failed and failed miserably. For him to be a spoiler now is treason. Realism finally wins the day :-) 

(25 minutes)



No comments:

Post a Comment