http://beyond666-acson005.blogspot.com/2012/02/prophetic-dreams-astral-journeys-in.html http://be

Monday, January 28, 2013

GOLDEN BOY: the strange story of my son



My son being the only boy among my five children is of course like gold to us but it is not what I meant. Whatever it is in your mind guessing why I called him the Golden Boy is not it. I am sharing this strange story for the first time and I want you to take it with a grain of salt. My religious beliefs may differ from your own perception and I wish not to influence others. If I am wrong; I will be an accessory to your deviating from the right path. I will answer before God for my own salvation. I will not be burdened with others.
I felt like a kid unwrapping a newly acquired toy. The date: January 22, 2013. This is the life of overseas foreign workers (OFWs). You feel like hovering in the clouds whenever you receive a package from home whatever its content. There were the pocketbooks I asked for, socks and an Alcatel Tablet with a lovely note from Nishreen but there were others I did not ask for; a beautiful jacket and 2 shirts which are gifts from my son. A smile crossed my lips when I looked at the price tags. Hmm! Very expensive, I thought. I m an M.D. but although I can well afford it; my wife and I never learned to buy and wear signature clothes. We both grew up in poor families so we feel more comfortable in ordinary clothes but not our children.
Funny: my wife and I would be at the ‘sale’ corners whenever we are at the mall scouring for cheap clothes while our children would be at Petit Monde, Dalagita, Bench and other expensive stores. My wife and I would look at each other’s amusingly. “Yeah,” my wife would say before I could say a word, “they have a doctor father while you and I didn’t” and we would laugh out loud. We used to joke about it.
MIRACLE
“Go back and pray 2 raka’at,” I told my wife. We were in the vicinity of ‘Beit’ul Allah’ (house of God). We prayed separately; my wife at the female section after we performed the ‘Tawa’f’ (circumambulation). I forgot to tell her to pray for a son so I told her to go back near the Ka’aba; pray two raka’at and ask for a son from ‘Allah.’ She was in the second month of her pregnancy with our 4th child.
Exposure to Rubella (German measles) in the first trimester of pregnancy can cause congenital malformations. My daughter Naira developed very high fever with very fine rashes over her body. Our dermatologist diagnosed it as Rubella. I took blood sample from my wife and sent it to Assir Central Hospital in Abha for anti-body studies. It will take at least a week for the result to arrive. I had sleepless nights.
Three days before the result came; I dreamt of delivering my wife. She gave birth to a perfectly normal infant. Not only did I know from the dream that my wife’s pregnancy will be fine; I knew we are going to have a son. The laboratory result showed that my wife had immunity to rubella meaning she was already exposed to the virus in the past. Seven months later; I delivered my wife with the help of the OB and nursery staff exactly the way I saw it in the dream. I was the hospital neonatologist then.
The Egyptian doctor I worked with in the Pediatric Clinic wished ardently for a son. She already had 3 daughters like me and because my wife gave birth to a son, she thought; she should also have a son statistically speaking at least. Not quite; I saw her walked into the clinic with a beautiful daughter in her arms…in a dream. She gave birth to another daughter :-)
I was supposed to slaughter 2 sheep for my son’s ‘akika’ after his birth. Friends keep teasing me when is the big day. Unlike Christianity; there is no baptism in Islam. Every living thing with a soul is born by the will of God and is therefore a Muslim. One ceases to be a Muslim only when baptized into other religions. Because I don’t want to be an ignorant believer; I have certain doubt about animal sacrifice. I asked some Moslem friends about the practice. I was told; it is not an animal sacrifice: ignorant me. It is a thanksgiving party in which you invite your neighbors especially the poor to share your joy.

PREDESTINATION

When I told my wife to pray for a son; was my wife carrying a female fetus that God changed into a male or was it a coincidence that she was already carrying a male child at the time my wife and I prayed for a son? Do I believe in the power of prayer?

Predestination is one of the most controversial issues in Islam.

Do I believe in predestination: NO!

Did God predestined Hitler (World War 2), Bush and Chenney (9/11, Iraq and Afghanistan) or Mladic and Melosevic (Balkan War) to launch wars that killed millions and brought horrific pain and sufferings to the rest of mankind? I am sure though that they must have prayed for something and their prayers may have been granted. When you pray for something; you must be prepared for the consequences here and the hereafter.

Do I believe that on the day I was born; my book of life is already written and sealed: YES!

That on the same day a person is born; his/her book of life is already written and sealed according to Islam is correct (my opinion of one) but I believe it is grossly misunderstood as predestination.

THE LOGIC

God’s power of foresight is absolute. On the day I was conceived; God knows if I will make it to term and for how long will I live and the kind of life I will have. He knows exactly what date and what time I will pray for such and such. In short: God knows exactly in absolute terms the contents of my book of life meaning when my wife and I prayed for a son in Mecca; He already knew on the day my wife and I were born. He already answered our prayers long before we even uttered the words of supplication :-) meaning it was no coincidence that my wife at the time we were in Mecca was in fact carrying a male fetus. God beforehand already knew that we will ask for it.

If you are a Muslim who prays five times a day; imagine how many prayers God will have to answer on the day you are born. If you are going to live for a hundred years: God will have to answer your tens of thousands of prayers that will be in your book of life. Allah’u Akhbar! If you are one who prays infrequently: pray more often and witness the change in your life. You just have to believe.

Our lives are molded by our prayers because when you pray for something; you are in essence giving life to your vision. One who rarely prays has no concrete vision of his/her future. It is in the fog.

Epilogue

The night before the ‘akika’ (thanksgiving party); I saw a white sheep in my dream that turned into gold right in front of me. I said; “wow what a dream.” I called the friend I have delegated to purchase the animals and told him to buy only white lambs. I knew then that my son will be okay; a golden boy inside and out.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations doc for nader...your golden boy...i remember him well as a lovely little boy back then in zahran ul janoub...glad he has grown to be indeed an answered prayer from up above...:-) best regards to everyone...:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...!
      you must be using a different name or I will remember you...warmest regards :-)

      Delete
  2. Sorry doc for that. I actually just saw this now coz i couldn't open that yahoo account anymore years ago after i wrote this comment. Hope to see you all one day...in shaa Allah.

    ReplyDelete