http://beyond666-acson005.blogspot.com/2012/02/prophetic-dreams-astral-journeys-in.html http://be

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Among the great miracles I ever heard…



Among the great miracles I ever heard…

One of the things I always do when writing about religion is to be mild in my criticism of others in order not to offend friends. There are legions and countless number of people clinging to beliefs regardless of how weird that might appear to be due to say a miracle that they believe happened because of such belief in that object. I watched people on television say that they promised total dedication to the idol of the black Nazarene (whoever and whatever is that) because I prayed to it and I got what I wanted. You can’t accuse these people of less intelligence because among them to mention a few are former Vice-President Noli de Castro and Erwin Tulfo; both Philippine household names.

I realized though that if I find other religious faiths weird because of their worship of images; they find mine likewise weirdly than most because with out graven images; they can’t understand to whom am I praying to…real funny; ha!

People want something tangible that they can communicate and relate to; flesh and blood so to speak. People worship graven images of Jesus some looking like Chinese, Japanese, blue eyed European and some plainly stupid scary like the black Nazarene and yeah; a discarded doll and say this is the child Jesus. They worship graven images of Jesus’ mother Mary and legion of saints the latest being Pedro Calungsod whose graven image is modeled after the still alive and kicking basket player Ronald Tubid. I wonder how this guy Ronald feels with his statuettes, caricatures and pictures being worshipped by millions. More than a billion worship the images of Buddha and a million of human and animal Hindu gods like elephants and monkeys. Sorry…I just find it mind-boggling crazy.


No comments:

Post a Comment