http://beyond666-acson005.blogspot.com/2012/02/prophetic-dreams-astral-journeys-in.html http://be

Sunday, February 2, 2014

CONVERTS TO ISLAM; the new guardians of the faith…


“You are the sha’itans, not me,” red faced, he screamed at those in the mosque who were pointing fingers at him. “I am a new Muslim. You should teach me not ridicule and call me names.” The Indians in the Jama’a tried to calm him down.

I didn’t hear the story first hand but I doubled up laughing when his wife told me the story.
“Next time; you pray in another mosque,” his wife told him.

In Saudi Arabia; we call the places where car repair shops are concentrated “Industrial area.” You find small mosques in such areas.

What happened was; he was not properly couched what to do when praying in a group (Jama’). Because he is still in the process of memorizing the prayers in Arabic; he was very slow so that in the mosque while everybody was in Sujjod (bowing/prostrating)…he was still standing LOL!

Because I am not getting younger; I made it a appoint to visit friends and relatives if and when I get the chance. My uncle must be no less than 80 years of age; one of two of my mother’s many siblings still around. Some say he is senile and bedridden but guess what; I found him sitting in bed. Mounted few meters away on top of an old closet was a small 12” Television. If he can hear and see that far and understands what he watches; he is not senile. He is in full command of his intelligence.

“These Muslim converts know more about Islam than most people I know,” said he. I smiled. He was watching a Muslim convert lectures on Islam (cable TV) and yes; the lecture was in Cebuano/Visayan meaning my uncle is sane not senile: December 26, 2013.

If there is one factor that has the light of Islam shine brightly in a way that is profoundly far reaching; it’s the World Wide Web…the internet. Although the net is a two bladed sword; it has delivered the message of Islam in a positive light more than it has hurt the faith. The more Islam’s detractors attack it in the net; the more Islam gets adherents. It seems like the trick is to get your attention for whatever reason then you get hooked…the truth grabs you.

Not all convert to Islam though are genuine. Some did it for reasons of their own that has nothing to do with true belief. I remember back in the early 80s when I was new in KSA. Our hospital had a big party for 8 Filipinos who converted to Islam. Someone told them that they will get 4,000 Riyals from the government if they convert to Islam. Tents were set up around the hospital with special guests from the Ministry of Health. It’s sad to say that none of them really adhered to the faith. I have seen the likes of them come and go but not many of them hang on to it but those who did become almost fanatic. You see them on televisions. You find them debating the unbelievers in the streets. You hear them deliver the message to invisible audiences on the radio. They are in the mosques not only to pray but more often than not; to deliver the qut’ba (sermon). They lead the prayers. They are the new guardians of Islam; the new messengers of the faith.



My friend’s experience in the mosque was not the end of it. Because he has been here in Saudi Arabia for a long time; he saw Muslims pray anywhere when the A’than is called. He parked his car on the side of the road and after ablution; he spread his carpet and started praying. Saudis driving by stoned him with some making a hit. His handler at the Abha Da’awa Center told him to get the plate number of the car next time anyone does. In the early days of the Prophet’s ministry; he was stoned by the unbelievers in Taif.

No comments:

Post a Comment