http://beyond666-acson005.blogspot.com/2012/02/prophetic-dreams-astral-journeys-in.html http://be

Friday, October 20, 2017

REBUILDING MARAWI: Summer Capital of the South

Rudy D. shared his post and in the dialogue/thread posts; he suggested an alternative outlet road from Marawi via Guimba without elaborating. I remember as a child trekking these parts of the countryside where I spent part of my childhood growing up. I don’t really know how these places look like right now so I went to one place – Google! 

I am referring to an old road that cuts through cornfields traversing across various barrios up close to the Pantar bridge surprisingly, Google has it marked in its satellite maps.


During the American’s time; Dansalan City renamed Marawi was the summer capital of the south. It is now or never to make Marawi/Lanao a tourist attraction and again; make it the summer capital of the South of Philippine. 



This photo was taken in 2011. I visited my cousins living in the are and had the old road purposely in the background for nostalgic reasons. 


Pantar Bridge, 1898




No comments:

Post a Comment